| Season 5, Episode 5 |
#92 in Series
|Network:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date:||October 18, 1978|
|Written by:||Bob Baublitz|
|Directed by:||Jack Shea|
|Production code:||5.5 / 502|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"How Slowly They Forget"||"George's New Stockbroker"|
George's Dream was the 92nd overall episode of The Jeffersons TV series, also the fifth episode of Season 5. Directed by Jack Shea and written by Bob Baublitz, the episode made its premiere on CBS-TV on October 18, 1978.
Exhausted, George falls asleep in his office one evening, and has a dream that takes him to the year 1996. In the dream Louise is celebrating the 25th anniversary of George's business, who isn't there celebrating, since he passed away a few years earlier.
Workaholic George falls asleep in his office, one evening, and has a dream that takes him to the year 1996. In the dream, Amy Carter is President of the U.S.; Louise is celebrating the 25th anniversary of George's business, who isn't there celebrating, since he passed on a few years earlier; Florence, Helen and Tom Willis are considerably older; Ralph owns the apartment building; Leroy is a financial genius who owns Jefferson Cleaners; Bentley is still the same.
- The future date is November 23, 1996
- The Jeffersons moved in their apartment 22 years before 1996
- When George falls asleep he has 7 stores and been in business 8 years; by 1996 Jefferson Cleanors expanded to 20 stores and been in business 25 years
Recurring cast/Guest starsEdit
- Candy Mobley as Doris
- Vernon Washington as Leroy Daniels
- James A. Watson, Jr. as Byron Jackson
- Ned Wertimer as Ralph the Doorman